Current & Past Projects
- ‘The Monday Morning Exegete‘ is a weekly research newsletter that is available by subscription. It is based on the Revised Common Lectionary (Episcopal Edition) for the Sunday following, and is always emailed out at a PDF on Monday evening.
- ‘The Ethics of Sex’ is a work-in-progress. Want to help? Take my Sex Survey!
- St. Paul’s Sunday School Curriculum – a comprehensive three-year cycle for pre-k to grade 12 covering Bible studies, prayer and faith. Created on contract for St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Clarence, NY, this curriculum will eventually be released for public sale.
- A collection of meditations, in collaboration with Melissa Roberts, to be released in time for Easter, 2012.
- Theology & String Theory – because, why not? A collaboration with Vicki Zust.
- ‘Southwest’ is finished and in the editing stages. It’s light, all-human, romantic and has long moments of serious citrus. Could it be released for sale by September, 2012? Let’s find out!
- ‘Hockey Fantasy’ is 1/3 written. It’s light, all-human, romantic and glosses over the citrus. Also, there is Hockey, but it’s so wonderful, you won’t even notice the sports theme. To be released for sale June 2012.
- ‘Werewolves in Williamsville’ is a work-in-progress. Vampires, werewolves, love, geo-political shenanigans. There may or may not be lemons. I haven’t decided yet. – still writing this one.
- ‘Poseidon vs. Cthulhu’ is in the development stages. I promised my nephew I’d write something he could read, and we’d been playing a lot of Arkham Horror at that point in time. – still writing this one.
- various short stories. There are a bunch. When they get published, I’ll let you know.
- There’s this murder mystery I’m working on with Liz Brauza… Christmas 2012? Maybe.
- ‘Sassy Singularity’ is an anthology of short stories about the strength of women, edited by Sare Liz Gordy and featuring award-winning playwright Rachel Lynn Brody, award-winning short story writer Sandi Layne, and long-time writers Anne Baker, Teresa Watson, Rhiannan Robinson, Sarah C. Munsey, and me! This one is due out February 14, 2012, so look for it on Amazon!
- ‘HOT MESS: speculative fiction about climate change’ is an anthology of short stories edited by Rachel Lynn Brody and featuring Sare Liz Gordy’s short story Traditionibus ne Copulate, along with work from Ms. Brody, Eric Sipple, RJ Astruc and others. Due to hit Amazon on March 21, 2012… that would be the solstice… :)
- ‘Play With Your Food!’ is an anthology of short stories about vampires, vampires and more vampires, just in time for Halloween! 2012
What is fanfiction? Check out the Wikipedia article. Most of my fanfic can be found on my FanFiction.Net archive page, but I admit that I did have a hard drive crash a while back and lost many, many stories, besides all of the notes for the works in progress. I used to provide my fanfic in e-book format on this blog, but since the rating varies and there were no guarantees that the underaged couldn’t download it, you’ll just have to go to the archives for it, chapter by chapter, or email me and assure me in writing that you’re of an age of majority both in NY state as well as the place wherein you reside – I’ll email the ebook to you, then. :)
I’ve won awards for my fanfic. Isn’t that exciting? I have to admit, I find it kind of exciting. The following stories have won the following awards:
- The Day the Earth Stood Still ‘Her body, her mind and her blood – these were the three things my world now revolved around. I don’t know what I’ll do if I can’t have all three…’ 350,000+ words, and counting. Unfinished. Rated for Mature Audiences.
- The Mystics, 2009. Mrs. Perfect Mystic Award, & The Golden Onion Mystic Award.
- The Shimmer Awards, 2009. Second Place.
- Delayed Gratification What if Edward did decide to lure her into the forest after that first Biology class, after all? Darkward. 8,000+ words. Finished. Rated for Mature Audiences.
- There Will Be Blood Contest, 2010. Second Place, Reader’s Choice.
Love your DESS. I think I have read it more that I have the original series. Thank you for your devotion and insight.
I’m super glad you’re enjoying the series. And I’ll be finishing it at some point, here. Hopefully.
I love the day the earth stood still so much
Thank you so much, Sherrie! I’m glad you’re enjoying the story. :)
Hey Darlin, I truly love all of your writing for Twilight but especially love DESS. I do hope you plan on finishing it. Puhleeeezzee. Just wanted to give a shout out! Have a wonderful evening.
Fear not, Kumari, I’m absolutely planning on finishing it. :) Thanks for the shout out. You rock.
I LOVE DESS. Please update soon on FF.net.
I have the weekend booked off work and am planning on re-reading DESS!!! Loved it so much the first time I read it, and really looking forward to reading it again!!
Hadn’t realised you were over on wordpress til I did a search for you on Livejournal so very pleased to be able to let you know how much I enjoy your work
Hee! I’m so glad you’re enjoying DESS. There should be more, shortly. :)
I’m sure you’ve heard this so many times, but I love DESS! It’s also so much better in ebook form rather than the annoying ff.net layout! When will the second book be turned into an ebook? Gotta say, I love reading it from my iTouch!
Meh, I meant PDF format, not ebook!
I’m really enjoying DESS and I’m hoping that you plan on updating soon. I really love all the lemons they are an insight on what I want my partner to be able to do…. Looking forward to the next one.
I just started reading DESS again. It is one of my all time favorites on fanfiction. This time through, I noticed the info for your blogspot at the end of chapter 40 and thought I would check it out. DESS is the first story I placed as my favorite on fanfiction. I now have over 100 stories favorited but that one was the first. I was reading through some of the other comments about your projects are you going to publish? What name do you publish under? I will check out your work. I just wanted you to know, there is still interest in DESS. I hope you do finish it as you intend. I can’t wait to see how it works with Charlie and Tanya and I really want to see the twins and there imprints. Just so you know, even if you never finish, DESS has provided me with hours of enjoyment and for that I thank you.
Just found “The Day The Earth Stood Still” a few months back and have actually re-read it a few times while waiting for the update… : ) ….. was wondering if it was just problems on my end or is it not up for downloading anymore…. I tried to download the pdf versions you got up but it wasnt letting me? .. again it might just be me?
It’s not just you! I took it off the site for reasons of security. Please email me privately if you’d like a copy – certify in your email that you are of the age of majority, both in NY state and wherever you’re downloading it. :)
Hi Sare, really enjoy your version of this book and would like to get a copy of is so I can keep reading it when I don’t have an internet connection on my ebook. It is really a great story and can’t wait to see what else will happen.
i too would very much like a copy. I started to reread it again tonight and realized it hasn’t been updated since 3/29/11 according to fanfiction.net. Is this finished elsewhere? Or are you still working on it? I’m dying to see where the Tanya and harlie situation goes as well as the pregnancy, and birth of the twins, etc. I check the DESS bookmark on my computer several times a week. I do understand you’re busy with you life though so I’. trying to be patient but it’s driving me out of my mind. 3 weeks makes a yr since last update so wasn’t sure if you intended on finishing it or at least writing the next chapter soon….. PLEASE, for ME and all your FANS!
Hi, re-reading DESS and distraught to reach chapter 42 and have to stop. Would it be possible to get the PDF emailed to me??
I’m 42 so of legal age I promise and just want a favourite that I can read with/without Internet access.
I’ve been trying to find DESS pdf, but to no avail. Is it not still available? Would really love to see how it ends. =\
Thanks for your interest, but I’m not offering it anymore. And I’m not finished with it either. Yet. :)
I love DESS sooooo much. I am rereading it again and I got to wondering if you where going to finish it. So, I thought I would ask lol.
I am 40, incase you wanted to know.
Thanks, Amy! I have not abandoned DESS. It’s just in hiatus. I have a huge writing workload at present. Having said that, I do intend to return to DESS when I can give it the attention it requires. In the meantime, I’m working on a few other things to be published traditionally, and I’m coming out with a second edition of Guild Dues (available on Amazon), which will, I hope, also include a spoiler for my first published novel. :) And in case you were curious, I’m looking down the barrel at 40… :D If you’re interested in the writing I’ve been doing lately, go look for me, sareliz, on ao3.org.
EDIT: The second edition of Guild Dues will be ready for Christmas purchase!