Holy Macaroni, Batman! Last night, I cooked a fantastic dinner for the House of Awesome. Here’s what the menu consisted of:
- Miso Soup
- Tofu Tempura & Broccoli Tempura
- Summer Rolls with Garlic Ginger Sauce
Sarey’s Miso Soup
serves 15, easily
- 2 1/2 gallons of water
- 5 or more cloves of garlic, pressed
- 3-4 T fresh ginger, diced
- 1/4 c or more crumbled seaweed
- 1 1/2-2 1/2 lbs extra firm tofu, diced in tiny cubes (1 cm square)
- 1 T salt
- 2 t black pepper
- 1 t crushed red pepper
Boil all of this for about a half hour. (It can hang out longer, if you’re doing other things.) Turn down heat to keep warm, but lower than a simmer. Then add a generous cup of miso and stir-stir-stir, and serve!
So good. So amazing. So yummy. So many compliments. So many raw vegetables it’s crazy!